What is Leadership?
Embedding the capacity for greatness in the people and practices of an organization, and decoupling it from the personality of the leader — David Marquet
What is Agile Leadership?
A combination of responsibilities and attributes unique to leaders that are building communities of thought and action.
As a coach, your efforts to support and nudge leaders on their journey to internalize and act more Agile, could they answer yes to 1 or more of the following questions related to responsibilities and attributes?
Responsibilities as an Agile Leader:
- Are you setting clear vision and communicating the goals to your teams?
- Do you understand and support Agile and Scrum Values?
- Are you aligning funding to business value?
- Are you prioritizing the strategic portfolio, while respecting WIP limits?
- Are you truly supporting your teams?
- Are you prioritizing and taking action on impediments that have been escalated to you?
Attributes of an Agile Leader:
- Do you trust team members first, in order for teams to trust each other?
- Do you embrace thought leadership that stems from collaborative self-organizing teams?
- Do you maintain an effective balance between leadership & authority?
If you want to read the one page version here it is